This is an ongoing solicitation for Design Engineers company-wide.
Provides engineering support to project teams providing Design services. May be assigned street, utility pipeline, drainage design, or site design or agency staff augmentation roles. Reports to a Senior Project Manager and receives assignments from one or more Project Managers and others. Position requires flexibility and willingness to learn new skills, grounded on basic engineering principals.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carries out tasks assigned by the Project Directors, Managers, or Engineers
- Manages personal time allotted to various tasks in order to meet obligations of one or more projects, including budget, quality and schedule.
- Uses engineering judgment to perform duties and knows when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research.
- Is sensitive to, but not ultimately responsibility for, project budget, schedule, and quality, and reports concerns promptly to the Project Manager.
- Effectively interacts with peers, clients, and sub-consultants through written and oral communication.
- Performs engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work.
- Prepares design plans, specifications and estimates as directed by Project Managers.
- Researches and writes reports relating to project assignments.
- Makes oral presentations at client or Harris meetings.
Core Competencies (all employees)
- Customer Orientation
- Drive/ Energy
- Functional / Technical Expertise
- Problem Solving / Decision Making
- Relationship Orientation
- Team player
- High Standards
- Industry knowledge
- Learning Agility
- Mission Focus
- Organizing & Planning
- Technology Savvy
- Written Communications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, LandDesktop, Civil 3-D, Microstation, Word, Excel, and other software used by the Design group.
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, occasionally interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations on occasion.
- Performs engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checking work.
- Researches and writes specifications and reports relating to project assignments.
- Technical skills appropriate for the type of engineering tasks assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering degree (or acceptable equivalency in experience)
- Engineer-In-Training Certification, required
- 0 to 2 years minimum engineering work experience
If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply online by clicking the link below and you will be transferred to our career site where you will be asked to create a username and password. Only applicants who meet the necessary requirements for the position will be reviewed.
- Please reference Req. #HA13-29 and click "Apply".
- Please upload your cover letter and resume as a single attachment.
- You can also copy and paste your cover letter/resume in plain text format in the space provided.
If it is determined that your background and expressed interests match the company’s current needs, you will be contacted by a representative from our company to arrange an interview. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be open until filled.
Harris & Associates is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.